Wednesday, April 23, 2014

David books by David Shannon


            

 


No, David! And David va al colegio
David Shannon
English version of No, David! © 1998
English version of David Goes to School © 1999

These books are priceless! I love how you can read No, David! in both English and Spanish because David’s mother is almost always shouting “No, David” which can be read easily in both languages. The illustrations convey so much about David and what is going on because of him. Both books teach valuable lessons regarding behavior, and the Spanish versions of these two picture books are translated beautifully. Everything flows smoothly; I plan on reading David va al colegio for a bilingual story time in May, and I can’t wait to see the look on the faces of all the children! I’ll also be recommending these books to my fiancé, I’m sure he will love them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment