Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place

I listen to the Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place series in the car while driving to and from work. There have been four books released so far, with the last book, the fourth, having been released last Fall. I cannot tell you how in love with these books I am. They go by so fast, and they always make me laugh and smile. Katherine Kellgren, my most favorite narrator ever, does such an incredible job, I can see why she has won awards for her narrating. She does every single voice in the books, and she does them so well and they are always the same, she never forgets how she did a voice before, she always gets it exactly the same every time.



If you are interested, this is Maryrose Wood's blog, All Year 'Round (now illustrated). The books are absolutely hilarious, plus clever and witty. Penelope, the protagonist, is someone that you can't help but admire. She gets a little down sometimes, but picks herself up with the clever sayings by the founder of her alma mater, Agatha Swanburne. One of my favorites is something along the lines of "we will board that omnibus when it gets here, not a moment sooner." What a funny way to put it! I love these books, but I fear that the fifth one will be the final one, and I'm terrified. I love entering the clever world of Penelope and the Incorrigibles.

I really recommend these books, especially for fans of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, the Mysterious Benedict Society, and the Enola Holmes series (also narrated by Katherine Kellgren)!

I also follow Maryrose Wood on Twitter and I highly recommend that you do, too! She has a really great thing going on called #SwanburneWednesdays where she tweets a clever saying by Agatha Swanburne, and if you retweet it you are entered into a drawing to win a signed copy of the latest book, the Interrupted Tale. I retweeted a saying and to my incredible shock, I got a notice saying that I had been mentioned by Maryrose Wood on Twitter. I checked and I had won!!!!! I nearly had a heart attack and I am still in shock!! A signed copy of this beautiful book!!! I emailed Ms. Wood to give her my address, and she wrote back, and I nearly had another heart attack! It is as if I am exchanging letters with Charles Dickens!!!

Why yes, I did take a screencap of the tweet where she mentioned me!!!!!! (Ahem, please excuse the excessive exclamation marks! It seems I am still in quite a bit of a shock and will be for the foreseeable future).


What I think is also so awesome about this tweet is that it is tagged #ahwoo. I LOVE IT! I will take a picture of my amazing book when it gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment