Monday, February 17, 2014

After-Valentine Bulletin Board

I had been wondering what to do with the bulletin board outside the workroom after Valentine's Day. A coworker suggested Where's Waldo, which I thought was a great idea, especially because I wanted to keep the red background and white border. I went searching and found an awesome silhouette character idea at A Rainbow of Teaching.  She made silhouettes of various children's book characters on a red background. I decided to do something similar, and this is the result!



   
Skippyjon Jones, Clifford the Big Red Dog, The Lorax
Where's Waldo?, The Very Hungry Caterpillar
The Cat in the Hat, the protagonist from The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats

I saw this bulletin board after I'd already made the one above, but I'm still so glad I found it. The silhouettes are amazing, I especially love the Clifford silhouette. 

No comments:

Post a Comment