Sunday, September 30, 2012

Picture Book of the Month: Otto the Book Bear

To coincide with National Library Card Sign Up Month (and because this book is just too darn incredible to pass up), the Picture Book of the Month for September is Otto the Book Bear by Katie Cleminson.

One of the reasons I picked up this book is because of the books on the cover. I really love books about books. I also really love the little bear, Otto. I have a small teddy bear (as I'm sure many children do) that reminded me so much of Otto. I think children would love to see Otto, partly because he comes to life and comes out of his book.

The illustrations in this book are absolutely beautiful, and it is a lot of fun looking through and finding the literary characters included within the book. Otto's adventure is something that children will enjoy following, and his happy ending will leave everyone - adults included - feeling good inside. The possibility of characters in books coming to life is something I feel children - and anyone really - will enjoy. I hope to own my own copy for my picture book library someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment