Sunday, August 7, 2011

Picture Book of the Month: Bark, George

The picture book of the month for August is Bark, George by Jules Feiffer. I used this book for a bilingual story time and it is very easily translated to Spanish. I first came across this book while I was a shelving assistant and it was used during a story time at the library where I worked. I thought it was such a funny book, and the children did too. I love how George's mother takes him to the veterinarian, and I especially love the expressions his mother makes, along with the different colors used in the pages.

There is some repetition in the book and there are different animals that make different sounds that children can repeat, which makes the book a lot of fun. What will especially put a smile on the faces of children (and adults) reading this is the ending. If you have not read this book, please do, you will not regret it and will find yourself laughing at the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment